Primary Care Clinic
Primary health care is the first point of contact a person has with the health system. Our interdisciplinary team of physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, social workers, crisis counsellors, dietitians and others collaborate to provide services and programs to our clients. Working together, this team responds to the factors that impact the health and well-being of our clients. They ensure that our clients receive the best possible care. Primary care includes the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and follow-up of various health conditions, including referrals to specialists and diagnostic services.
The clinic provides primary care services Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm and four evening clinics per week (Monday-Thursday from 6pm to 8pm). In addition, we have an on-call system in place so that patients are able to speak to a physician after regular working hours.
Our interdisciplinary team is available to support you in managing your health needs, that can include:
- Scheduled one-to-one medical appointments.
- Comprehensive assessment to determine resources to meet your needs.
- Referrals and follow up of community resources.
- Medication review appointments and follow-up.
- Lab Services – Blood Collection.
- Home visits.
- On Call 24/7.
- Urgent Care Appointments.
- Follow-up home visit following discharge from hospital or after an emergency department visit.