26 Apr Employment Opportunity: Executive Director
North End Community Health Centre (NECHC) is seeking a community focused change agent with strong strategic leadership skills to serve as its Executive Director. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for the NECHC employees, programs, and execution of the mission.
Established by the community in 1971, the North End Community Health Centre is a non-profit society and registered charity servicing the north end of Halifax with a collaborative care team of over 45 staff members. As of 2016, the NECHC had over 5,300 registered clients with about 1,500 monthly client encounters. The Centre partners with many local community organizations and services providers to support community health through a number of initiatives and programs. The Centres funding is through the Provincial Department of Health, MSI and through various grants and charitable donations.
Key Accountabilities are:
- Provides leadership and direction for achieving the mandate and long term strategic priorities to move the organization forward.
- Provides support and guidance to the Board of Directors in strategic planning and policy development.
- Provides overall operational leadership and oversee the planning and management of; service delivery, financial, labour and human resources, administration, and quality and risk management.
- Leads advocacy and community engagement for the Centre and community health models of primary health care services/ programs. re model and promotes
- Promotes positive organizational relations with other professional or community groups, funders, and government.
- Development of strong strategic relationships and partnerships with all key stakeholders.
Ideal candidate is:
- Minimum 10 years’ relevant experience in a senior leadership capacity and a Master’s degree in Health Public or Business or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Prior Board experience and demonstrated knowledge and experience in policy governance.
- Knowledge of non-profit sector including strategic and operational planning, negotiation, implementation and evaluation of priorities, significant achievements, tangible results and risk management.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the proven ability to coach, mentor, and develop staff.
- Excellent financial, human and labour relations management and project management expertise.
- Excellent total quality management and advocacy expertise.
- Proven track record of building and maintaining effective stakeholder relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated collaborative approach.
To apply, please send a cover letter with resume in confidence to email@example.com quoting the title in the subject line of your email on or before May 15 2017. No faxes or phone calls please. We thank you for your interest in North End Community Health Centre, however only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
NECHC is an equal opportunity employer and we would like to thank all applicants for their interest. If you require accommodation of disability in the application or interview process, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application package is available in accessible format upon request.